Pardis Patrick Ashouri has been in practice since 1992. He earned his BS in Law from Glendale University College of Law in 1990 and his JD from the same school in 1992, graduating in the top 3%. He was a law clerk with the national firm of Baker & Hostetler from 1986-1992.
He represents developers and landowners in Real Estate matters involving easements and other city involved entitlements in negotiations, contracts, business agreements, letters of understanding and litigation.
As a land use and Business Improvement District (BID) consultant, Mr. Ashouri is experienced in developing Consensus among property owners, business owners and other district’s key stakeholders as well as preparation of organizational documents including articles, bylaws, federal and state tax-exempt applications. His Land Use consulting experience also includes legislative coordination with municipal, county and state level government agencies, staff and elected officials, representation at City Council, County Board of Supervisors, and other public meetings. He has worked closely with the businesses and property owners to establish a BID on the Sunset Strip in West Hollywood. Other BID experience includes BID projects in Downtown Burbank and East Hollywood.
He also represents buyers or sellers in matters involving negotiating and drafting commercial & industrial leases, options and purchase & sales contracts. He is highly skilled in understanding business and property owner interests and developing consensus around a mutually preferred plan.
He has significant experience in litigation and trials including business, corporate, real estate, family law and personal injury matters. He represents individual clients who wish to adjust their immigration status via business investments as well as businesses and corporations which may employ persons who migrate based on employment. His immigration experience also includes applying and obtaining residency and naturalization through non business related basis.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & BAR AFFILIATIONS:
- Volunteer Judge Pro Tem, Los Angeles Superior Court since 1997. Certified Civil, Small claims and UD.
- Co Chair Multi Cultural Bar Alliance, 2014-2015
Member, Lawyer Referral Service Advisory Committee Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) 2014-2015.
- At Large Trustee, Board of Trustees, Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) 2011-2013.
- Member Judicial Election Evaluation Committee (JEEC), Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) 2009-2014.
- At Large Trustee, Board of Trustees, Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) 2008-2010.
- Affiliate Bar Representative trustee, Board of Trustees, Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) 2006-2008.
- Past-President, Iranian American Lawyers Association. 2004 and 2006.
- Director, Iranian American Lawyers Association 2000-2003, 2005, 2007-2014.
- Served on Finance Committee, Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) 2008-2009.
- Served on the Nomination Committee, Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) 2008-2009, 2013-2014
- Served on the Delegation Committee, Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) for the (CDCBA) 2007-2008.
- Served on the High School Mentoring Program Committee, Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) 2008-2009.
- Serving on the Multi Cultural Bar Alliance, member "Diversity on the Bench" committee 2009-2010
- Co-chair, Planning Committee, and panelist at the California State Bar Leaders’ Conference Program. 2005 & 2009.
- Co-chair. Program Committee, Inn of the Court, LACBA Litigation Section 2005-2006.
Other membership and community service:
- Member/Graduate, FBI Citizen’s Academy- Los Angeles - 2006.
- Member/Graduate ATF Citizen’s Academy, Los Angeles – 2008.
- Co-founder, Chairperson, Multi-Cultural Advisory Committee (MCAC), Los Angeles Office - FBI. 2004-2011.
- Member Los Angeles County Sheriff Department Multi Cultural Advisory Council.(LASD-MCAC) 2005-2011.
- Volunteer Arbitrator & Mediator, Los Angeles Superior Court 1994-1997.
- Rancho Park Rotary Club, Board member 2008 – 2010.
- Arbitrator, Better Business Bureau,1982-1986.
Speaking engagements & Awards:
- Speaker and Panelist, Bar Leader's Annual Conference, California State Bar 2005 and 2009·
- Recipient of Ambassador For Peace recognition from the Inter-religious and International Federation for World Peace 2006